New cross-project planning and weekly email report features
Following the latest release in the Project Overview application, we have improved the way the cross-project dashboard is designed. Late tasks and milestones are now presented as ‘late items’ and are sorted by date. Our new project schedule view presents your personal planning (as a user) for all projects in which you will find your upcoming tasks and milestones.
We have updated the weekly email reports with new settings and a new way of presenting upcoming dates for all projects.
Presenting late items in the cross-project view
On the screenshot below, you can see the three different examples of late items:
- The first example is a late task assigned to the current user and the task list for this task is linked to the milestone “Client Monthly Review Meeting” which is a late milestone (there are no due date on the task but the milestone to which the task list is linked is actually late). Please see our blog on how Milestones and due dates on linked tasks work,
- the second example shows a late milestone with 7 linked tasks which are not completed
- the third example shows a task assigned to the current user with a late due date
Please note that late items are now presented from the more recent to the latest items so that you may see the ‘not so late’ items first and act promptly upon them.
New planning presentation for the project schedule
In your personal project schedule of the cross-project overview you still have all tasks assigned to you together with milestones for which you are the owner.
By hovering over the schedule items, you will access the detailed view of every entry of the project schedule.
In the example above, the current user is the owner of the milestone which is linked to uncompleted tasks not assigned to that current user. This allows the owner of the milestone to have a quick view of the linked tasks which require a follow-up so that the deadline may be met.
Weekly email digest : a brand new presentation
The weekly digest which is sent by email at the beginning of every week now presents your late items and your upcoming project dates sorted by date (prior to this release, project due dates were presented sorted by project then by date).
As always the report starts with an overview table of upcoming due dates.
Then late items and upcoming dates are presented:
- late items,
- upcoming dates for ‘Today’ and ‘Tomorrow’
- upcoming dates for the following week,
- upcoming dates for the following weeks.
Personal user settings : email notifications for the weekly email digest
The settings for the email report is now simpler (based on user feedback).
The email is sent early on the first day of the business week as defined in the settings (see screenshot below).
Please send your feedback. We hope you enjoy the new cross-project view . A lot of you have requested a cross-project view that is not just personal but allows for a planning view of all tasks in all projects. This is coming in a future release.