New image management: Adding custom logos and favicons to your project groups
We are happy to present the new GroupCamp features which allows you to add logos and favicons for each group:
- You now have default favicons for project groups and for the Timesheet app under the Tracking menu,
- Customizing groups with logos which are then displayed when you print from applications in your project groups.
- When adding custom logos, you can browse images in any web page by entering its URL.
- All images in various GroupCamp apps are now managed the same way.
The new GroupCamp group favicons
Favicons are now available in your projects and in the Timesheet application under the Tracking menu. When you are in those applications, the favicon displayed in your browser will not be the standard GroupCamp favicon but the new favicons for each group type.
The new favicons are displayed in the browser tabs.
You can customize the colors of the favicons in the Look & feel application as shown below.
The Apps and Network icons are already displayed and are representative of the upcoming Enterprise Social Network and CRM offerings of GroupCamp.
Adding a project logo. Using a project logo in your printouts.
You can now add a custom project logo and choose to display it as a favicon or to be displayed in your application printouts. Example of a project logo used also as favicon is shown below:
To add a project logo, click on the Edit button in the top right corner of the application zone. Then in the Image category, click on the image icon to add a logo.
Two options are then available:
- 'Use as favicon', the image is displayed in your browser tab a favicon,
- 'Include this image when printing reports in this group', the image is displayed in printouts from all applications.
When choosing ‘Add an image’ to choose a project logo, the accepted formats are JPEG, PNG, GIF and the maximum size is 5MB.
You can also choose to browse a web page and choose between the 10 first images found in your web page:
Resize your image if necessary as shown below:
A common image management system in all GroupCamp apps
This image manage system is now generic in all GroupCamp apps.
You can now add or delete images if you have the necessary images.
Stay tuned for much more to come.